As a candidate school for the IB DP and on the way to becoming an IB World School, the Leading Asia Myanmar International School plans to develop into a leading educational institute within the SE Asia region. Actively seeking PYP and DP accreditation this new school will strive to meet the educational needs of families within the region. We will shortly be adding MYP also. Our focus is on inquiry-based learning, student leadership, and agency. We endeavor to make powerful connections with the community and in doing so aim to support our students to become globally connected citizens.
Leading Asia Myanmar International School is looking to start the DP programme in September 2021. Therefore we are recruiting for multiple positions. The school is looking for extremely well organized and self-directed individuals with sound teaching ability, excellent interpersonal skills, and strong cooperation capacity who can teach any of the following subjects:
5. Business Studies/Economics
Any of the above subject teachers are welcome to apply. If you have experience or would be interested to also teach Theory of Knowledge/Philosophy please mention it in your covering letter. The ability to teach more than one subject will be a huge plus, but not essential.
You will be teaching in a state of the art school in the city centre, in a progressive, academic setting and a supportive environment. While some experience of the IB MYP or DP is desirable, secondary school experience and a willingness to undertake the IB training will be considered.
LAMIS is a Candidate International Baccalaureate School for the IB Diploma Programme (IBDP) and the Primary Years Programme (PYP). Candidacy for the Middle Years Programme (MYP) will follow shortly.
• A passion for 21st century inquiry-based education.
• An ability to contribute to the positive perception of LAMIS in the local community and further afield.
• A highly collaborative approach�
• An ability to navigate the uncertainties of a start-up environment (positive, calm, flexible, organized, self-starter, pioneering spirit)
General Role Description
• Be a qualified teacher
• To demonstrate outstanding knowledge and experience in teaching to Grade 12, with preference given to candidates having IB experience
• To carry out professional duties and to have responsibility for assigned classes, co-curricular programs, and individual students
• To be responsible for the day-to-day learning and management of classes and the safety and welfare of the students.
• To promote the aims and objectives of the school and maintain our philosophy of education
• To carry out other duties as directed by the Head of School.
If you are interested in the position and wish to discuss anything prior to application, please email Andy Ridgway (Head of School) at:
To apply please send an up to date CV with a recent photograph and a
covering letter to:
Closing date: 20th December 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.