(Creativity, Activity and Service Coordinator)
As a candidate school for the IB DP and on the way to becoming an IB World School, the Leading Asia Myanmar International School plans to develop into a leading educational institute within the SE Asia region. Actively seeking PYP and DP accreditation this new school will strive to meet the educational needs of families within the region. We will shortly be adding MYP also. Our focus is on inquiry-based learning, student leadership, and agency. We endeavor to make powerful connections with the community and in doing so aim to support our students to become globally connected citizens.
Leading Asia Myanmar International School is looking to start the DP programme in September 2021. Therefore we are recruiting for multiple positions. The school is looking for extremely well organized and self-directed individuals with sound teaching ability, excellent interpersonal skills, and strong cooperation.
Position: Creativity, Activity, Service (CAS) Coordinator
Reports to: DP Coordinator
Time allocated to perform the duties: Minimum 20%
You will be teaching in a state of the art school in the city centre, in a progressive, academic setting and a supportive environment. While some experience of the IB MYP or DP is desirable, secondary school experience and a willingness to undertake the IB training will be considered.
LAMIS is a Candidate International Baccalaureate School for the IB Diploma Programme (IBDP) and the Primary Years Programme (PYP). Candidacy for the Middle Years Programme (MYP) will follow shortly.
Qualifications and required personal attributes
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/ or abilities required.
• Bachelor degree
• Contribute to the development of LAMIS as a whole.
• Effective communication skills, both written and oral communication in English and Burmese.
• Ability to work collegially and collaboratively with other teachers and administrators.
• Good sense of humour
• Team player
• Possess excellent organisational skills.
• A passion for 21st century inquiry-based education.
• An ability to contribute to the positive perception of LAMIS in the local community and further afield.
• A highly collaborative approach�
• An ability to navigate the uncertainties of a start-up environment (positive, calm, flexible, organized, self-starter, pioneering spirit)
• Plan CAS activities and facilitate planning.
• Create policy statements.
• Secure CAS commitment from all members of the school community.
• Create lists of necessary resources.
• Give the DP coordinator regular updates for the webpage and publicise achievements on social media.
• Make accommodations for Students with Exceptional Needs.
• Work with the DP coordinator to complete the IB Accreditation.
• Collaborate with the IB coordinators to ensure program readiness.
• Design a simple progress form that notes evidence for each learning outcome.
• Develop a document that allows students to learn how to demonstrate a CAS reflection.
• Create a formative feedback document.
• Develop the CAS guide and handbook.
• Consider ethical concerns of CAS activities.
• Read and respond to journals.
If you are interested in the position and wish to discuss anything prior to application, please email Andy Ridgway (Head of School) at:
To apply please send an up to date CV with a recent photograph and a
covering letter to:
Closing date: 20th December 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.