Preparing students to be active participants in a lifelong journey of learning
Leading Asia Myanmar International School focuses on the development of the whole child as an inquirer, both in the classroom and in the world outside.
The LAMIS’s Education Programme
- Addresses students’ academic, social and emotional well-being.
- Encourages students to develop independence and to take responsibility for their own learning.
- Supports students’ efforts to gain understanding of the world and to function comfortably within it.
- Helps students establish personal values as a foundation upon which global-mindedness will develop and flourish.
Classes for 2020-2021 Academic Year
- Nursery : students from 2 to 4 years old.
- Pre-KG : students from 4 to 5 years old.
- KG : students from 5 to 6 years old.
- Grade 1 : students from 6 to 7 years old.
- Grade 2 : students from 7 to 8 years old.
- Grade 3 : students from 8 to 9 years old.
- Grade 4 : students from 9 to 10 years old.
- Grade 5 : students from 10 to 11 years old.
Subject areas for Nursery Level
- Communication and Language Development
- Physical Development
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Literacy Development
- Understanding the World
- Expressive arts and Design
Subjects area for Primary Level
- Language (English)
- Social studies (history, geography and economic)
- Personal, social and physical education
- Burmese culture, heritage and social values
- Additional Language (Burmese and Mandarin)
Assessments takes place continuously and are happening all the time at LAMIS. Leading Asia Myanmar International School use following assessment strategies and tools:
Selected Responses and
Open ended tasks.
LAMIS facilitates the learning of at least two languages through its inclusion of both English and Burmese in the established curriculum. Teaching of both languages is tailored to the learning needs of the students; students learn about and through LAMIS’s curricular languages, their Mother tongues and their additional languages.
English is the language of instruction for all classes with the exception of Burmese classes.
At LAMIS, Burmese is taught to all students, either as an Additional Language or as a Mother Tongue, according to the need of each student. In Burmese classes, teachers and students use a combination of English and Burmese.
In addition, the school facilitates after-school classes for additional languages.LAMISInternational SchoolEducationProgramme